Re: [Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH Open Relay...

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Thai Q. Tran
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH Open Relay...
Thai Q. Tran wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>     I am currently having some issues with Exim 4.14 regarding SMTP
> Auth.  The problem seems to be that I have been put into some ORDB and I
> don't know how many others as an open relay.  After running some test I
> found that my issue is a spammer can pose as spammer@??? and be able
> to send to spammer@??? and bypass SMTP Auth.  Does anyone have an
> idea of how I can resolve this issue?  Any ideas or information would be
> greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I don't want to be rude, but go back to the drawboard, and start over
with your config again. It looks like you did not understand how ACLs
work, so please READ the docs.

You accept ANYTHING, unless it is listed in a RBL, has an invalid
sender/receiver or en empty envelope (you are blocking bounce messages
with this!)

So, start over again please.

Nico