Re: [Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH Open Relay...

Author: Jono
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] RE: SMTP AUTH Open Relay...
If you want to check if you are an open relay or not,

http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 07:46 PM, Thai Q. Tran wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>     I am currently having some issues with Exim 4.14 regarding SMTP
> Auth.  The problem seems to be that I have been put into some ORDB and
> don't know how many others as an open relay.  After running some test I
> found that my issue is a spammer can pose as spammer@??? and be
> able
> to send to spammer@??? and bypass SMTP Auth.  Does anyone have an
> idea of how I can resolve this issue?  Any ideas or information would
> be
> greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

> Here is my ACL and SMTP Auth Configs:

> ACL
> check_recipient:
>   require verify = sender
>   require verify = recipient
>   deny dnslists = relays.ordb.org : blackholes.mail-abuse.org :
> relays.mail-abuse.org :
>   deny local_parts = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
>   deny senders = :
>   accept
>   deny    message = relay not permitted

> check_message:
> accept
>
> check_vrfy:
> require authenticated = *

> Authenticators
> login:
>    driver = plaintext
>    public_name = LOGIN
>    server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
>    server_condition = ${if ldapauth \
>      {user="cn=${extract{1}{@}{$1}},dc=${extract{2}{@}{$1}},o=mye-znet"
> \
>      pass="$2" \
>      ldap:///} \
>      {yes} {no} }
>     server_set_id = $1

> ptext:
>    driver = plaintext
>    public_name = PLAIN
>    server_condition = ${if ldapauth \
>      {user="cn=${extract{1}{@}{$2}},dc=${extract{2}{@}{$2}},o=mye-znet"
> \
>      pass="$3" ldap:///} {yes} {no} }
>    server_set_id = $2

Jono

--------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
New Media Solutions Designer
http://dna.co.nz :: http://allaboutbranding.com
DNA Design, Level 2, 262 Thorndon Quay, Wellington, New Zealand
email jono@??? | tel +64 4 499 0828 | mob +64 21 678890

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message may be
legally
privileged or confidential. If you appear to have received this email in
error or are not the named recipient you are notified that any use,
copying
or distribution of this e-mail message or its attachments is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.