Re: [Exim] Smarthost - Exim 3

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Smarthost - Exim 3
On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:39:17PM -0000, Timothy Arnold wrote:
> We are currently running Exim 3.14 and I am trying to get 'smarthost'
> functionality working!

> In Exim4 I have the following router:

> Smarthost:
>     Driver = manualroute
>     Domains ! +local_domains
>     Route_list = "* mail21.messagelabs.com"
>     Transport = remote_smtp

> This seams to work fine but I cannot get this replicated on Exim 3.
> I would appreciate any ideas you may have - Ideally with a full
> configuration file so I know where to place the routers etc.

#Router (the only one in the router section)
smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* mail21.messagelabs.com bydns_a"

#transport:
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

The "Domains !.." is not required because local domains are delivered
by directors instead of routers in exim v3.
              cu andreas