Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> 5xx mostly demands that if you retry, do so later, *manually*. What it
> does say is that the remote domain refuses to accept delivery of the
> current message.

Since we have started a nit-pick of what "current message" means,
I'm going to continue.

Since the 554 happens at HELO time, I'd have to say that should be
current message(s) - the 554 applies to all messages which would have
been sent down that connection if it had been allowed.
(In exim connection_max_messages is the only limit on how many that
might be).

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna