[Exim] Exim 4.x openLDAP and VirtualAccounts - Help me, plea…

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim 4.x openLDAP and VirtualAccounts - Help me, please!
I'm trying to set up Exim 4.x w/openLDAP to manage the accounts for
imap retrieval (all will be virtual - no users have login access on the
machine, which hosts several virtual domains as well).

I'm running into a problem after problem, and would love some advice
and/or sample config files for anyone with even a remotely similar setup

So far I've
    Read the Exim 3 book
    Read the Exim 4 online docs
    Read a bunch of exim setups/tutorials online
    and
    spent 5 hours today trying to get stuff to work only to learn that
syntax/words have changed or been outright deprecated since exim 3.x,
none of the tutorials are relevant anymore, and the documentation -
although plentiful - is bordering on evil as it doesn't seem to care
about letting people know 'you cant do this anymore'

If anyone can point me towards some relevant info, it would be greatly
appreciated. I've got tons of links/tutorials for similar setups with
3.x -- but this needs to be in 4.x, and none of that information is
relevant any longer

// Jonathan Vanasco
// Masters of Branding
// www.mastersofbranding.com