[Exim] Blacklisting problems

Author: Nico van der Dussen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Blacklisting problems
Hi,

I'm the innocent victim of a blacklist problem. In the process I've
discovered that even mail to "postmaster @whoeverblocksme" is
useless.

Just a suggestion: If you are using these kind of services, do consider
setting your postmaster account(s) not to block mail from "blacklisted"
IP's. At least valid complaints can reach you.

This is not the first time it happens - but in general I find these so
called "spam prevention blacklisters" an unreliable option. In South
Africa the listing of an IP without giving the owner of the IP number
sufficient opportunity to state their case is illegal - I don't know about
the rest of the world. (The rule of law is very strict: Both sides must
be heard before you are allowed to make a judgment) Local ISP could
run into serious trouble if they use such systems and block e-mail
without ensuring that this rule of law was applied.

Regards

Nico

N van der Dussen
VDDi