Re: [Exim] Simple Filter Question

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joseph Kezar
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Simple Filter Question
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Joseph Kezar wrote:

> I need to write a filter that is similiar to the following
>
> if not personal and if $message_size is above 5M then
> fail "you cannot send large files to a distribution list"
> endif
>
> But alas, I've tried to figure out the syntax and I cannot get it to work.

1. You will get a better answer from the list if you tell us exactly
what goes wrong. Here are some guesses...

2. The syntax of "if" commands in filters is "if condition and
condition" not "if condition and if condition".

3. If this is a system filter, it won't work because system filters
apply to whole messages, not just one recipient.

4. If this is not a system filter, have you remembered to turn on
allow_fail?