Re: [Exim] Exim and Mailman

Author: Adam H. Pendleton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Mailman
Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
| * Adam H. Pendleton <fmonkey@???> [20030312 17:59]: wrote:

| If I were you, I would do the following:

| cd /usr/local/mailman/bin/
| ./check_perms -f

Okay, I did this, and fixed the 12 errors it found, that I am (fairly!)
certain that I ran this after install. Doh!

| Then,

| exim -bt abc@???

This has always worked, even before I made any permission changes.

bash$ exim -bt abc@???
abc@???
~ router = mailman_router, transport = mailman_transport

| BTW, is "lists.fmonkey.net" defined in your local_domains? Does it's MX
| point to your host?

I am probably baring my ignorance here, but...

lists.fmonkey.net *is* in local_domains, but I do *not* have an MX
record defined for it. I was under the impression (apparantly falsely)
that MX records were only required for domains, not hosts. I suppose in
some sense that's a semantics issue, but I assumed since
lists.fmonkey.net actually resolved to an IP, and the mail server was
set up to accept mail for that host, that I didn't need an MX record.
Is that false?

ahp