Re: [Exim] messages in ACLs

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Bernard Massot
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] messages in ACLs
Bernard Massot wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that the "message" modifier doesn't work when it's used in an
> ACL called from another ACL with the "acl" condition. Is it really the
> case or am I doing something wrong ?
> I'm using an internal domain, ie a TLD not valid on Internet and I only
> permit hosts on my LAN and my VPN to use it. Here are my ACLs :
>
> (in acl_check_rcpt)
>     accept  domains       = +internal_local_domains
>             endpass
>             acl           = internal_domain

> internal_domain:
>     require hosts         = *.INTERNAL_TOP_LEVEL_DOMAIN : localhost
>             message       = $domain is for internal use only

Exim does short-circuit evaluation for ACLs. The require verb denies
when one condition evals to false.

So your message will not be seen by exim when it denies the.

Just swap the ACL-statements to this:

require message       = $domain is for internal use only
         hosts         = *.INTERNAL_TOP_LEVEL_DOMAIN : localhost

Nico