Re: [Exim] People thinking port 25 is a web server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Frank S. Bernhardt
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] People thinking port 25 is a web server
Actually, I was joking about the web server thing...

EXIM just got a mention in the article:

<quote>

Like Exchange, the Linux solution has an MTA that can be managed and
configured internally and doesn't need external connectors. The
University of Cambridge developed (What! No mention of Philip?)the Linux
MTA we use, called Exim. Exim has numerous configuration options,
including file lookups, local delivery and regular expression support.
In the context of the Linux MTA, users provide regular expressions to
filter content coming in and going out.

</quote>

(I hope I don't get sued for the quote).

It was an excellent article. In fact the magazine as a whole is quite good.

Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Frank S. Bernhardt wrote:
>

>>You did such a great job on EXIM, why don't you right a web server
>>option to run as part of EXIM? ;-)
>

> If you are talking about web mail, may I recommend the server written by
> David Carter, one of my colleagues:
>
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/prayer/
>
> If you are talking about making Exim into a combined MTA/webserver ...
> what a horrible thought.
>

>>Did you see the mention EXIM got in the Feb. 2003 issue of Linux Journal
>>(U.S. issue) page 55 "Understanding and Replacing Microsoft Exchange"?
>

> No, I don't see that publication. Was it good or bad?
>

>>How's the book coming?
>

> Just about to go to the printer - this week, we hope.
>
> Philip
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt