Re: FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, tw…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Boyle Owen
Cc: Exim list
Asunto: Re: FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, two MTAs in series..
On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 08:33, Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]

Neither. Under normal circumstances _NO_ MTA will look at the addresses
in the To: Cc: and Bcc: headers of the email. Those are purely cosmetic.
They should never be used to make inferences about the actual recipients
of a mail, nor used for filtering, etc.

You said (IIRC) that your mail is sent from your CGI scripts with SMTP
(to localhost:2525). Whatever it is that _makes_ that connection to Exim
running on localhost is giving SMTP 'RCPT TO:' commands which identify
all of the recipients, before giving the SMTP 'DATA' command with the
mail. It should also ensure that there's no 'Bcc:' header in the body of
the mail itself -- Exim will _not_ strip it and shouldn't be expected
to.

Consider the following input to your first Exim:

    MAIL FROM:<someform@yourwebdomain>
    RCPT TO:<arecipient@anotherdomain>
    RCPT TO:<brecipient@anotherdomain>
    RCPT TO:<crecipient@yetanotherdomain>