FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, two MT…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Boyle Owen
A: Exim list
Asunto: FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, two MTAs in series..

Maybe I can rephrase the question: If my MUA generates a mail with a
list of N destination addresses (in a To or BCC or CC list), then at
some stage, an MTA has to loop over the addresses and send the mails to
their destinations (i.e. at some stage, N mail transfers have to take
place). My question is, if there are two MTAs in series, at which one
does the looping take place?

Recall that the first MTA is just a buffer and always sends all mail to
the second MTA which does the real delivery via the internet.

From one answer received so far, it appears that the 1st MTA will always
pass the mail on and the looping will be done at the last possible
stage. Concur?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Does Exim strip Bcc headers on mail received by SMTP at all? It thought
>that was supposed to be done by the MUA?
>
>--
>dwmw2

views of the sender's company.