Re: [Exim] Filter on to and cc with same variable?

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
CC: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Subject: Re: [Exim] Filter on to and cc with same variable?
On 27 Feb 2003, David Woodhouse wrote:

> In general, filtering on To: or Cc: headers is best avoided if at all
> possible. It's not wonderfully reliable -- the headers don't have to
> bear _any_ relation to the actual reason for the mail ending up being
> delivered to you.

Hmmm.

I've always included tests for $h_to: and $h_cc: to archive the
copy which I CC to myself when I send mail out.
It is useful to keep both sides of a correspondence in the same place.

I take your point about $sender_address: being a better way of
identifying mail sent to a list, but that isn't always what I want.
For example, if someone forwards a mail from the exim list to me,
I want that to be filtered as a mail from that person, not a mail
from the list.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna