Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP Auth, version 4.10 and 4.12...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: David Bauman
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP Auth, version 4.10 and 4.12...
On 28 Feb 2003, David Bauman wrote:

> > Did you tried to emerge sync to the current tree?
> > But this sounds like a gentoo-problem, IIRC they apply some patches to
> > exim, and maybe one of it broke exim :-/
> >
> > But if it is an exim-problem it really should be found.
>
> Yes, I have emerged sync... Using net-mail/exim/exim-4.12.ebuild
> That applies Exiscan 4.12-21
>
> Reading the ebuild file, that is the only patch applied to the tree that
> I can see...
>
> I'd love to find the bug, believe me... I need to move some people off
> the server before I can really attempt to debug this thing (instead of
> merging and unmerging 4.10 every 15 minutes)...
>
> If this is a config problem, I'd love to fix it...
> Here's a copy of my config file:
>
> http://rhyn.phaseburn.net/exim.conf.txt

The config is simple and easy, and should work like it is, in fact, it's
build like my own config (when it comes to all the auth-stuff). And I'm
running 4.12 (ok, currently the latest 4.14 snapshot) without problems.

> If it's a gentoo issue, I still would like to find it.. they're a great
> group of people whom I'd love to help out in any way I can...

Can you try to compile exim yourself from the sources? This could show
whatever it's an gentoo or exim issue.

> I'll have everybody off rhyn with in an hour or so...

Ok, so please run exim -d+all -bd and put the debug-output(after removing
any sensitive data) on a public place.

Nico