Re: [Exim] router_home_directory question

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Jetmore
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] router_home_directory question
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Greg Matheson wrote:
>
> > When I remove the check_local_user option from the router and delete the
> > popuser shell account, the existence of the home_directory option in the
> > transport makes no difference.
>
> How does it "make no difference"? All that home_directory on a transport
> does is to set the value of $home. If you don't use $home ...

doesn't the delivery process chdir to the transport's home directory
(regardless of whether $home is used in the transport)? This is from
deliver.c:

<quote>
The transport or the address may specify a home directory (transport over-
rides), and if they do, this is set as $home and as the working directory.
Otherwise $home is left unset and the cwd is set to "/" - a directory that
should be accessible to all users.
</quote>

it looks like the director was trying to chdir to /home/popuser (inherited
from check_local_user on the router) and failing because it couldn't chdir
to it. when he overrode the router's home dir w/ home_directory on the
transport, it could chdir to it. Once he stopped using check_local_user
on the router, the default value of "/" was used for the chdir on the
transport, which means he didn't need to set it himself...

right? (I know one of these emails I'm going to fall flat on my face,
just waiting for it to happen =))

--John Jetmore