RE: [Exim] Changing behavior for unrouteable addresses

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Tomas Florian, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Changing behavior for unrouteable addresses
At 8:40 -0700 2003/02/19, Tomas Florian wrote:
>It sais "some or all" regardles if I'm sending 1 or more.
>For example if I send:
>
>To: tflorian@??? ; bad@???
>
>it will refuse them both even though tflorian@??? is valid.

does OE use semicolons?

Anyway, this looks more like an MTA issue. From your configuration
file I do not see why this would happen, but if, for instance, you
were verifying recipient in your RCPT ACL, then I guess many MTA
would indeed fail to deliver to all recipients (that is, they would
send a RSET), as it would require generating a new outgoing message
in the outbox for all the failed recipients.
Only that the relevant rules in your acl:

   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
   accept  authenticated = *

would not cause this behaviour (move them to the top and see if
anything changes, although it should not).

Giuliano