Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command lin…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nigel Metheringham
To: Paul Mills
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] No To: in header when email sent from command line with exim 4.12.
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 10:35, Paul Mills wrote:
> When I send a message from the command line as follows
> exim -f jimv paulm <email.txt
> The message is sent ok to paulm at the local domain from jimv etc, but
> the received email has no To: Header, it does contain the Envelope-to:

You are trying to use an MTA as an MUA.

Either put the headers you want (ie subject, to, from) on the top of
your email.txt, or mod your script a little:-
    (echo "To: paulm";echo "Subject: email";echo "";\
    cat email.txt) | exim -f jimv paulm

or use an MUA - /bin/mail or equivalent - to fix things appropriately.

    Nigel.