Re: [Exim] [Can i do Mail Spliting with Exim]]

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jochen Erwied
To: Vibhav
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] [Can i do Mail Spliting with Exim]]
on Monday, February 17, 2003 14:53 you wrote:

V> < user common_pop pass xxx is * here

V> the above case, all the guys will receive the mails, which i dont
V> want, since i want mails to be delivered to its intended recipients
V> and not to all

No. Fetchmail will parse the header for addresses matching the
local_domains (in .fetchmailrc) and deliver to the corresponding users
accordingly. The '*' does _not_ mean: Deliver to all.

V> when i send a mail to vpai or regina or regis , these mails fall into
V> common_pop account in the remote server (domain.com)

That's what fetchmail tries to find out.

V> I can do <fetchmail> to pull these mails from common_pop account
V> ......but since i have virtual pop , i need to split the mails based on
V> email ids like vpai@??? will go to /var/spool/mail/vpai,
V> regina@??? will go to /var/spool/mail/regina, etc,etc...

You will fetch the mails from the remote server and fetchmail will
deliver the mails to all users it finds inside the header and which
can be treated as local.

V> when multiple virtual email addresses are their in the To: field of
V> common_pop mailbox in the remote server, and when pulled with fetchmail
V> and again when those mails are splitted with procmail, the procmail
V> doesnt split those mails properly, and those mails fall on single local
V> pop account, rather the first mail entry of To: field filter in the
V> .procmailrc file...

That's why I recommend using fetchmail instead of procmail.

V> /*how can we split the mails to intended local mailboxes on a condition
V> where To field is marked to many virtual email accounts*/?

Read the documentation of fetchmail and see what it can do for you.

--
Jochen Erwied     | home: jochen@???     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 | work: joe@???  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50