Re: [Exim] [Can i do Mail Spliting with Exim]]

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vibhav
To: Jochen Erwied
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] [Can i do Mail Spliting with Exim]]
Hi

the issue in this is

common_pop is a single pop account, and there are email ids like...
vpai@???, regina@???,regis@???.....

< Why don't you let fetchmail do the job?!

< user common_pop pass xxx is * here

the above case, all the guys will receive the mails, which i dont want, since i want mails to be delivered to its intended recipients and not to all

when i send a mail to vpai or regina or regis , these mails fall into
common_pop account in the remote server (domain.com)

I can do <fetchmail> to pull these mails from common_pop account
......but since i have virtual pop , i need to split the mails based on
email ids like vpai@??? will go to /var/spool/mail/vpai,
regina@??? will go to /var/spool/mail/regina, etc,etc...

i managed to achieve the above with procmail mail....

when multiple virtual email addresses are their in the To: field of
common_pop mailbox in the remote server, and when pulled with fetchmail
and again when those mails are splitted with procmail, the procmail
doesnt split those mails properly, and those mails fall on single local
pop account, rather the first mail entry of To: field filter in the
.procmailrc file...

/*how can we split the mails to intended local mailboxes on a condition
where To field is marked to many virtual email accounts*/?

TIA