Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Góra strony
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Dla: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim users list
Temat: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
At 05:29 PM 2/16/2003 +0000, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

>Hang on, this discussion seems to be going around in circles now...
>
>It's definitely a bad idea to literally "bounce" such mail, in view of
>the prevalence of counterfeited sender addresses. This definitely
>puts it into the class described by our illustrious service provider
>in http://www.ja.net/mail/junk/collateral.html as "collateral spam".

Well, I do agree. I have suggested this earlier myself.

However, the OP was asking about bouncing virus mail, which is why I
suggested a workaround.

Even if defanged, the original mail can be quarantined for (say) a day in a
specific area of the disk, for the attention of the admin or anybody
else. The problem with this is that a sudden flood of virus mail can
easily fill up that partition (even if it is several gigs in size) and
start causing a lot of problems with mail delivery.

         srs