Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses

Góra strony
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Dla: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
CC: rkuettner, exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] bouncing viruses
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad wrote:

Asbjørn> I tried to do this, redirecting it to a mailbox and let that mailbox
Asbjørn> notify recipent and then reject it, but Exim didn't like it, because the
Asbjørn> rejected mail had to go through exim one more time, and it got stuck
Asbjørn> (frozen) because it contained a virus (of cause)..... So I agree. More
Asbjørn> that one action in exiscan would be nice :)

Have your virus checking transport check for existence of a

Or alternatively, strip the MIME part (viruses or whatever) before you
bounce the mail - saves your bandwidth, some of those virii can go upto
several megs in size. Hundreds of copies of those ..

    srs

--
mallet@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux