Re: [Exim] relaying mail inbound to a LAN

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John
To: Jeff Hahn
Betreff: Re: [Exim] relaying mail inbound to a LAN
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:03:57AM -0600, Jeff Hahn wrote:

> UUCP (over TCP/IP) is your friend! I know that several will suggest
> fetchmail or other solutions and that UUCP isn't the easiest to set up,
> but if you take the time to figure it out, you'll have a reliable, robust
> solution.
>
> I support several dozen intermittently connected hosts and UUCP just works
> (IMHO)

now just sussed out exim internal relaying, so that works :)

as I understand it, uucp is designed for use over serial lines, which is
fine for away from home but does it work over plain ethernet (actually,
would i just plug in the pcmcia nic then exim would disgorge the mail
now that it is configured to relay to internal IP)

cheers
--
John - jfm@??? - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm
For PGP public key finger jfm@??? or see webpage