Re: [Exim] relaying mail inbound to a LAN

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeff Hahn
To: John
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] relaying mail inbound to a LAN
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, John wrote:

> When mail for laptop.sample.whatever arrives at freebsd.sample.whatever
> I want it to hand it off to laptop.sample.whatever if laptop is
> connected, otherwise keep it in mailstore (for say 30 days) then bounce
> if it isnt handed off after that time period.

UUCP (over TCP/IP) is your friend! I know that several will suggest
fetchmail or other solutions and that UUCP isn't the easiest to set up,
but if you take the time to figure it out, you'll have a reliable, robust
solution.

I support several dozen intermittently connected hosts and UUCP just works
(IMHO)

-Jeff