[Exim] exim timeout when trying to send mail to it from the …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: WillyB
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] exim timeout when trying to send mail to it from the net
Hi.

I have just taken over an admin job which the server uses exim for mail.

The box is RH linux 7.3
The exim version is 4.10
There are MX records for the box's IP/domain name (used dig to find that out)

The server sends mail out fine.

The problem is that it will not accept mail.
The mail does not bounce or come back to me.

netstat -n -l says exim is listening on the IP and port 25 .. and also on
127.0.0.1 port 25

When I use the command:
exim -bh my.ip.add.ress
exim does not complain at all and seems to work fine.

exim will deliver from local user to another local user fine.

when I try telnet emim.host.name 25
telnet waits... then trys the ip address for the host, then the connection
times out.

There is no enty in hosts.allow or hosts.deny on the machine.
(I know that w/ sendmail for example there has to be an entry in hosts.allow
for mail to work properly)

I've been reading through the FAQ's and list archives and cannot find a
solution to the problem. If it is there I apologize in advance for missing
it.

Thanks for any help someone may be able to give me on this problem :)

Re's

William B.