Re: [Exim] thousands and thousands of messages in the que..

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] thousands and thousands of messages in the que..
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:06:42 -0700 Colin Harford wrote (in a private
mail):

Please e-mail your replies on-list. Thanks.

> Tim Jackson wrote:
> > You'd be better setting up a hostlist "friendly_hosts" or something
> > and then using that as a negative condition for checks you want
> > skipped for them.
> The help docs aren't helping (domain / host lists)

Host/domain lists are completely generic things; you can set up any list
you like, and then use that as a condition in ACLs/routers etc.

> Can you clarify on how to do this?

Quick example off the top of my head:

# Host list of 'known good' hosts
hostlist colins_friends = x.y.z.a : a.s.d.f

# Example check against DNSBLs, skipping hosts in colins_friends
# You can do a similar thing with other ACL rules
deny  message  = Spammers suck
      dnslists = blah : foo
      hosts    = !+colins_friends

> > deny  message  = whatever
> >       dnslists = blah : foo
> I switched things around the way you said, and then 95% of all my
> emails got rejected, and these senders are not listed on the lists.

I think you must have an "issue" with your syntax somewhere then, possibly
on another line.

> This electronic message transmission contains information that is
> privileged, confidential or otherwise the exclusive property of the

[yawn]

http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

Don't take this the wrong way, but do we really have to have 10 lines of
pointless crud at the end of every post? It's particularly irrelevant when
applied to mailing lists.

HTH,

Tim