Re: [Exim] variables and counters in acl

Góra strony
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Dla: exim-users
CC: Giuliano Gavazzi
Temat: Re: [Exim] variables and counters in acl
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
> > Philip,
> >
> > although I think you are aware of the wish I expressed some time ago,
> > I do not think you ever said it had been added to the with list, so...
> > can we have a small number of string and numeric variables those life
> > is the whole SMTP transaction (or perhpaps the whole TCP connection,
> > maybe we could have two types, one RSET sensitive and one not).

> (122) 24-Dec-02 M Communication between ACLs
> A way of preserving data between connect/HELO/MAIL/RCPT/DATA acls.
> Numeric or named variables?
>
> Maybe I should try to give that some priority...

Sounds like this could be seen as a step towards passing bigger and
bigger parts of the mail service outside of exim.
I'm a little afraid that some of the external programs wish to do
things in ways which don't match the exim philosophy (in particular
the suggestion of preserving info between exim processes).

Please don't allow this to change the way that exim works.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna