著者: Ludwig Meyerhoff
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Configuration of authentication
Hallo!

Actually I run Exim on a Debian system and wanted to properly configure
Exim for relaying by authenticated hosts.

While configuring the exim.conf it sound that easy! And I do not get it run!

I looked the mailinglist archives but all the hints there did not help,
raising the debuglevel results in the client not connecting at all while
telnetting on port 25 trying a manual handshake results in a lot of
debug messages while starting Exim and no debug message at all while
running/IO.

I actually got it work only by hardcoding the password fields (as shown
below).

This is part of the authentication section of the config.

 plain:
   driver = plaintext
   public_name = PLAIN
#   server_condition = "${if
crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
   server_condition = "${if
crypteq{SECRETPASSWORD}{CRYPTEDSECRETPASSWORD}{1}{0}}"
    server_set_id = $1

The /etc/exim/passwd file looks like this:
name_to_authenticate_as : crypted_password

Where I crypt the password on a very basic way: perl -e 'print
crypt("PASSWORD", "JK");'
This crypted password works in hardcoded condition but not in "external
condition", so I suppose the problem is either in the passwd-file or in
the server-condition.

Saluti!

Ludwig