Re: [Exim] aliases

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey B. Green
A: Raymond J. Raiani
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] aliases
Raymond J. Raiani wrote:
> OK so I am getting the feeling this is easier to accomplish using exim4.
> So it's seems like a compelling upgrade at this point. Unfortunately I
> am running Debian/stable and have installed Exim via dpkg and I cannot
> seem to locate a deb for exim 4. I would prefer not to circumvent the
> dpkg database and I have no Idea how to compile a .deb
>
> If this is NOT possible using exim3 could someone please point me toward
> an exim4 .deb

I got tired of waiting, yet I heard yesterday that the package maintainer
is finally getting around to a version 4 package - whether this is true or
not, I guess we'll find out soon.

My solution was to build a dummy exim4 package that did nothing except to
satisfy package dependencies for mail-transport-agent, and install it. The
rest comes from source tarball. Sorry I haven't gone to the trouble of
building a deb for it yet, though I hear there are several around. Let me
know if you decide to skip the wait and want more details.

--

Jeffrey B. Green    Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com