Re: [Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for he…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Greg Louis
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for help
Greg Louis wrote:

>>Mostly the problem is a version problem between your DB headerfiles and
>>libraries, you should read the dbm.discuss.txt in your doc directory.
>

> I did read that, but I confess I didn't run the locking test. I've
> done that now and it all works as expected. Further, the
> OS/Makefile-Linux file configures USE_DB as recommended, so ndbm.h
> confusion shouldn't arise. File src/dbstuff.h has #include <db.h>
> which is the right place to look for the 4.1.25 version. Running ldd
> on the exim binary confirms that 4.1 is the db that's linked in. Is
> there something else I should look for?
>
> Thanks for your help..............

If the message is still in your queue, please run
exim -d+all -M MSGID
or
exim -d -M MSGID

the first one will give MUCH more informations, but sometimes too much.
After you've done this, please post the relevant parts to the
mailingslist, or put the logs on some publich webspace and post a link.

Nico