Re: [Exim] PLAIN authentification isn't working

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Josh Siegel
To: Derek Simkowiak
CC: Artem S. Tashkinov, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] PLAIN authentification isn't working
Yes, this is the limitation that is compiled into the linux pam
implementation.. BUT, this normally isn't a issue since 'su' is run as
root.. login as root... almost all utilities that do authentication run as
root. The reason behind this is they wish to make it MUCH harder for user
level processes to do brute force attacks on passwords.

This is why I created a external program which is suid to root which does
nothing but call the PAM libraries. This got around the fact that exim
calls setuid and setgid before accepting email.

     --josh