Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...

Góra strony
Autor: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
Dla: Lista Exim
Temat: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...
On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 10:03, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> > Hello, it's me again :)
> >
> > I'm now with 4 domains and circa 1000 users running in exim, very fast
> > :)
> >
> > the thing is, there's a bunch of frozen messages waiting for the retry
> > time, but a lot of them are bounces and such. My question is, for
> > example, looking at the msglog for a this frozen message:
> >

> > 2003-01-21 01:33:37 SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
> > TO:<opitmouinf2@???>: host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.254.140]: 550
> > Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
> > 2003-01-21 01:33:37 opitmouinf2@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp:
> > SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<opitmouinf2@???>:
> > host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.254.140]: 550 Requested action not taken:
> > mailbox unavailable
> > *** Frozen (delivery error message)
> >
> > Messages that get errors like that (550) should be freezed and scheduled
> > for a retry? there's 65K messages in the queue, and I'm starting to get
> > worried... some of them are from amavis getting a 75 error signal (just
> > 3 or 4), but the others are timeouts and 550 errors...
> > It's normal or my setup is freezing erroneously?
>
> 65k message in the queue are NOT normal.
> Check your config, you should at least use receiver and sender verify in
> your ACL, with sender callout you can reject most of the non bounceable
> message at SMTP time.

I did it, and the main log is pretty scary with that "sender verify
fail", in truth the whole mainlog is scary and full of rejects and
errors, and I only know that exim is working because nobody calls the
support saying that they're not getting mail. I guess that the RBL,
amavis and the sender verification stops so much messages that I just
don't see the real messages passing thru the users...

> The amavis router should have the no_verify option set, and you should
> hand the address enclosed in <> to amavis.

the two adress? amavis router uses the command line:

/amavis -f <${sender_address}> -d ${pipe_addresses}

one of then is in <>, the pipe not...

> Further you should check these options
> timeout_frozen_after
> auto_thaw
> ignore_bounce_errors_after
>
> in cour configfile (and spec.txt)

timeout_frozen 2d
auto_thaw 1h
ignore_bounce 12h

paranoic? what's the "common sense" in that options?

well, with that my queue got from 67K mails to 1855 messages.

in eximon I have the option to cancel messages and such, there's not a
web interface, or console interface/command to do it? the server doesn't
have a X server running and running it on a remote X looks a little
weird (and I can't do that from home).

But thanks, by the way.

[]s
core