Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...

Góra strony
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Dla: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
CC: Exim Users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...
Please don't reply to me personally, unless asked to do so, ALWAYS cc
the list.

Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:

>>65k message in the queue are NOT normal.
>>Check your config, you should at least use receiver and sender verify in
>>your ACL, with sender callout you can reject most of the non bounceable
>>message at SMTP time.
>
> recipient callout is too expensive?

Receiver callout is mostly useless. Because most of the time the
receiver is on the local machine, so why try to run a callout to a
external machine?

>>The amavis router should have the no_verify option set, and you should
>>hand the address enclosed in <> to amavis.
>
> er.. exim 4.12 has the option no_verify? I found verify = false that
> looks like the same thing, anyway...

It's the same, but I think no_verify is easier to understand.

>>Further you should check these options
>>timeout_frozen_after
>>auto_thaw
>>ignore_bounce_errors_after
>
> can you sugest some values? I'm coming from a qmail system so I don't
> know about times and such :)

Depends on your local policy, if you want to be aggressive

timeout_frozen_after = 1d
auto_thaw = 1h
ignore_bounce_errors_after = 12h

Nico