Re: [Exim] Entourage and SMTP authentication

Top Pagina
Auteur: Christian Balzer
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Entourage and SMTP authentication
Suresh wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 5:48 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
>Clive McDowell <c.mcdowell@???> wrote:
>
>> I have an SMTP server running which forces users outside our domain
>> to authenticate. It works fine for Outlook, OE and Netscape but for
>> some reason Entourage on macs complains that it does not recognise
>> any of the authentication methods offered by the SMTP server. I have
>> configured PLAIN and LOGIN as per the manual with some mangling for
>> LDAP authentication. Do I need a third definition for Entourage? If
>> so, how is it implemented?
>
>Try AUTH CRAM-MD5

If you have the cleartext passwords of your users.

And if you feel that all components in question dealing with those
passwords are very, very secure.

Realistically speaking the chance of a (not so PLAIN) password being
sniffed when doing AuthSMTP is low. And it's one password as opposed
to all of them.

YMMV, etc.

Dewa,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Exodus Communications K.K.