Re: [Exim] Rewrite versus verify_sender

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Rewrite versus verify_sender

The real reason is that chibi@??? doesn't exist,
the chibi@??? it deems unrouteable from the error is quite valid.

>Exim is supposed to apply global rewriting rules to an address before
>verifying it, for precisely this kind of reason.

Obviously not happening and from the documentation I would have
expected in retrospect only a "S" type rewrite rule to catch that.

>Maybe there is
>something going wrong, but the fact that it shows the rewritten address
>seems to indicate that it has done the rewriting.

Yes, but after the testing.

>Please run your manual test again, but this time do it using -d and -bh
>for a test run, so that you get the debugging information. Then send it
>to me so that I can check it out.

Coming up in a private mail right after this.

Dewa,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Exodus Communications K.K.