Re: [Exim] Rewrite versus verify_sender

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Christian Balzer
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Rewrite versus verify_sender
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Christian Balzer wrote:

> We a have a rewrite rule for people with Eudora (at least older versions
> insist on sending/qualifying with the pop server name, popmail.gol.com
> in our case):
> ---
> *@popmail.gol.com       $1@???  Ffrs
> ---

> So what if those people where Eudora users?
>
> And a manual test confirms that behavior:
> ---
> 220 nexgen01 ESMTP Magnetic Fields Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:26:12 +0900
> helo test
> 250 nexgen01 Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
> mail from: chibi@???
> 250 OK
> rcpt to: testuser@???
> 550-Verification failed for <chibi@???>
> 550-Unrouteable address
> 550 Sender verify failed
> ---
>
> Note that the the error message (and the logs) show the rewritten data
> and not the _real_ reason why that verification failed.

What was the real reason? Is chibi@??? valid or not?

Exim is supposed to apply global rewriting rules to an address before
verifying it, for precisely this kind of reason. Maybe there is
something going wrong, but the fact that it shows the rewritten address
seems to indicate that it has done the rewriting.

Please run your manual test again, but this time do it using -d and -bh
for a test run, so that you get the debugging information. Then send it
to me so that I can check it out.

Philip