Re: [Exim] Eudora AUTH over TLS

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Matt Bernstein
CC: Jerome Mainka, Derek Simkowiak, Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Eudora AUTH over TLS
On Saturday, January 18, 2003 9:45 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Matt Bernstein <mb@???> wrote:

> At 20:48 +0530 Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>
>> Setting AUTH required and AUTH allowed seems to require AUTH
>> CRAM-MD5. AUTH PLAIN and LOGIN without TLS works fine as you say.
>> Weird is the only word I can use.
>
> Interesting. Is this affected by the cunning "only offer AUTH after a
> succesful TLS" setting? (ie the although the MUA issues two EHLOs, it

Nope. My exim (stock 4.12 from the freebsd 4.7 ports tree) offers AUTH
PLAIN LOGIN and TLS - but will happily AUTH without TLS as well (solely
because one of my more active users, on a box with ~ a few dozen users
tops, is a diehard eudora fan <g>).

    srs