Re: [Exim] Eudora AUTH over TLS

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Eudora AUTH over TLS
At 21:37 +0000 2003/01/17, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>If I get the chance tomorrow I will install Eudora on one of the PCs
>at the cybercafe and let you know.
>(Actually, I could install it on VirtualPC on my machine, it is
>running NT4, is that all right?)

Done it. Garbage. It seems that with STARTTLS Eudora does not
authenticate indeed. It negotiates the SSL fine, but then goes on
sending and it even pipelines. As a result, although it gets an error
at the RCPT TO: phase, it goes on to the DATA (as Matthew pointed out
the other day, RCPT TO is not a synch point in pipelining).

So you will have to follow the advice someone else gave and have
another exim listening on the alternative port and do SSL there. I do
not know what are the implication for the shared files and
directories though.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/