Re: [Exim] Amavis-perl and Exim 4.10, somebody get it to wor…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alexander Koch
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Amavis-perl and Exim 4.10, somebody get it to work (or other solution to virus scanning)
On Mon, 13 January 2003 17:56:01 +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:

> > > Have you ever looked at amavis-ng?
> >
> > Can one integrate it in exim?
>
> Yep. It is possible to use it inside a system filter. This requires
> that Exim is compiled with embedded Perl support.

So just for me to understand...

As a happy debian user I really like to have packages for
things I do. At current there is no Exim4.deb at all. But
things can be done.

Although if I wanted Exiscan I need to patch it into Exim4
and as far as I remember it is not utterly easy to
conditionalise the use of it for certain routers, directors,
etc. So Exiscan does not work out for my needs (some domain
want virus checking, some do not by all means), right?

Do I understand it right that I could apply Exim various
filters to specific routers/directors/whatever so I could
in fact decide via the respective filters what is filtered
and when?

amavis-ng/amavis-perl therefore is able to do 'any'
filtering, be it for virus and possible also for spam?

Tell me someone and I will happily take a look. What I need
is exactly that, and Exiscan is not conditional as I see it.

I'm a little in the dark because it's some time ago I
checked this but I need to work it out anyway this weekend,
the deadline is coming.

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Koch <koch@???> / ako4-ripe
Engineering, Tiscali International Network