Re: [Exim] still problems with filters

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Margrit Lottmann
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] still problems with filters
Margrit Lottmann wrote:

Please nerver only reply to me, always CC the list.

> ....now the mail command in my system filter works...
>
> But I have still a question (You've already answered last week)
>
> With the mail command I have to send a warning message to the
>     whole recipients,
> that the mail, which they have just received, was not scanned
> successfully because of ... problems...

> But which variable gives me the list of all recipients ???
>
> If I would use the features   pipe or save in the system filter
> I can use
>     $recipients
> as an environment variable in the named command for pipe...

> But what can I use with the mail command ???
>
> I've tried : h_to , h_cc     as you answered last week...

> But is this ever right ???
>
> I thaught, that the right recipient(s) is saved in the envelope-to
> information of a given email. envelope-to and header-to are often
> very different (the to-Header are often manipulated if emails are
> spams...)

The system-filter runs on a per message base, not per recipient.
So you have to rely on the message headers.

If you want it on a per address base, check the docs for
systemfiltering, they say how to solve this.

ciao