Re: [Exim] still problems with filters

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Margrit Lottmann
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] still problems with filters
Margrit Lottmann wrote:
> I can't use filter command
>
>     mail

> in a system filter.
>
> I had the idea to send a warning mail, if special
> errors occur, and also the original mail.
>
> I attempted an "easy" filter :
>
> if error_message then finish endif
> if not first_delivery
> then
> finish
> endif
>
> mail to "lottmann@???" from
> "postmaster@???" subject "WARNING!mail $h_subject:" text
> "WARNING!Mail $h_subject:"
>
> finish
>
> the mail command initiates the mail to my address, but in the paniclog
> I get
>
> 2003-01-13 11:08:14 18Y1Vt-0004EG-00 == >lottmann@???
> <system-filter> routing defer (-1): system_filter_reply_transport is unset
>
> Why do I need option system_filter_reply_transport ???

Because you want to generate a mail?
Please RTFM.

<quote>

The name of the file that contains the system filter must be specified
by setting system_filter. If you want the filter to run under a uid and
gid other than root, you must also set system_filter_user and
system_filter_group as appropriate. For example:

system_filter = /etc/mail/exim.filter
system_filter_user = exim

If a system filter generates any deliveries directly to files or pipes
(via the save or pipe commands), transports to handle these deliveries
must be specified by setting system_filter_file_transport and
system_filter_pipe_transport, respectively. Similarly,
system_filter_reply_transport must be set to handle any messages
generated by the reply command.

</quote>

ciao