Re: [Exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
> You can use Exim filters to bounce the message based on the
> USER_IN_BLACKLIST part of the spam header (see manual for syntax), but
> you'd probably be better off using SA-Exim. If you're really paranoid,
> you can set the permanent rejection threshold to 80 or something so it
> only catches blacklisted users, but you'll probably find that reducing
> it to 12 or something doesn't stop any real mail.
>
> Of course, the SA-Exim solution prevents per-user configuration...

That's why I haven't gone the SA-Exim route. I want to allow per user configuration.

I suppose I can duplicate the spambox recipe and just check for an extremely high
score (like you suggested). The highest spam score I've ever seen is about 35, so if
I assume a score of more than 50 is a blacklist, it should be ok.

Rossz