Re: [Exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
Hi Rossz, on Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:43:28 -0800 you wrote:

> I have Exim 4.12 working nicely with SpamAssassin 2.43 very
> nicely. However, there is one improvement I wish to make. If
> someone is on a user's blacklist, I want to bounce the message
> (preferably with a custom message) instead of sending it to my
> spam box.

You can use Exim filters to bounce the message based on the
USER_IN_BLACKLIST part of the spam header (see manual for syntax), but
you'd probably be better off using SA-Exim. If you're really paranoid, you
can set the permanent rejection threshold to 80 or something so it only
catches blacklisted users, but you'll probably find that reducing it to 12
or something doesn't stop any real mail.

Of course, the SA-Exim solution prevents per-user configuration...

Tim