Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Lundie
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems
Lundie wrote:
>>> "R=userforward defer (-17): error in filter file: filtering not enabled"
>>>
>>> I have removed the comment in the exim configure file (allow_filtering)
>>
>> Did you really use allow_filtering? This isn't a valid option, it must
>> be allow_filter.
>
> You are correct - it is allow_filter. I have the router is as follows:
> userforward:
> driver = redirect
> check_local_user
> file = $home/.forward
> no_verify
> no_expn
> check_ancestor
> allow_filter
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply

This one looks ok.

>> The error clearly states that filtering is disabled.
>
> The thing that has me stumped here is the "error in filter file". Even
> with everything commented out, or just the '#Exim filter' line uncommented.
> Added to that I thought that removing the # was all you needed to do to
> enable filtering.

NO!, this first line MUST read "# Exim filter"
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/filter_5.html#SECT5

>> Yep, I bet it is, try to follow my suggestions, if it still doesn't
>> work, please post the router/director and tell us which version of exim
>> you use.
>
> Currently, the version of exim is 4.05

This is not related to your problem, but you should upgrade.

>> Btw, exim -d can be VERY helpful to debug problems.
>

> I currently have exim running in a terminal using exim -bd
> -d-all+filter. Which I got from the man page. Is there any other
> options I would find useful here?

you can also try

exim -d -bf $HOME/.forward <testmessage, and see what happens.

Please post how the current .forward-file looks like, oder better place
it on some webpage and post the URL, also the debuglog of the exim -d
-bf call would be interesting.

ciao