Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Lundie
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Lundie wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a slight problem. I have set up a .forward file (well atempted
>> to!) and now unless I completely remove or rename the file I get the
>> following error on each and every email...
>>
>> "R=userforward defer (-17): error in filter file: filtering not enabled"
>>
>> I have removed the comment in the exim configure file (allow_filtering)
>

> Did you really use allow_filtering? This isn't a valid option, it must
> be allow_filter.

You are correct - it is allow_filter. I have the router is as follows:
userforward:
driver = redirect
check_local_user
file = $home/.forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
allow_filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

(all I did was take the '#' out)

>> in the userforward section which has made absolutely no difference.
>

> Show the complete router please, do you maybe doubled the option?
> allow_filter and forbid_filter?
>
>> I have also tried commenting out every line in the .forward file, and
>> only leaving the #Exim filter line open (and commenting it). I have
>> also chowned the file to the exim user, user.exim, and have tried
>> several permissions including rw--r--r--, rwx-r--r--, and r--r--r-- to
>> no avail.
>

> The error clearly states that filtering is disabled.

The thing that has me stumped here is the "error in filter file". Even
with everything commented out, or just the '#Exim filter' line uncommented.
Added to that I thought that removing the # was all you needed to do to
enable filtering.

>> I cannot find any mention of defer (-17) anywhere - exim docs or google
>> searches, or looking through the archives of this list.
>

> "Defer" is a term used in the whole exim documentation. The error-code
> (-17) just indicates this to the delivery-process from the filter-process.
>
>> Please, this is driving me nuts. What have I overlooked or missed. ( I
>> bet it is something simple... ;-) )
>

> Yep, I bet it is, try to follow my suggestions, if it still doesn't
> work, please post the router/director and tell us which version of exim
> you use.

Currently, the version of exim is 4.05

> Btw, exim -d can be VERY helpful to debug problems.

I currently have exim running in a terminal using exim -bd
-d-all+filter. Which I got from the man page. Is there any other
options I would find useful here?