Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Para: Lundie
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] .forward filtering problems
Lundie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a slight problem. I have set up a .forward file (well atempted
> to!) and now unless I completely remove or rename the file I get the
> following error on each and every email...
>
> "R=userforward defer (-17): error in filter file: filtering not enabled"
>
> I have removed the comment in the exim configure file (allow_filtering)

Did you really use allow_filtering? This isn't a valid option, it must
be allow_filter.

> in the userforward section which has made absolutely no difference.

Show the complete router please, do you maybe doubled the option?
allow_filter and forbid_filter?

> I have also tried commenting out every line in the .forward file, and
> only leaving the #Exim filter line open (and commenting it). I have
> also chowned the file to the exim user, user.exim, and have tried
> several permissions including rw--r--r--, rwx-r--r--, and r--r--r-- to
> no avail.

The error clearly states that filtering is disabled.

> I cannot find any mention of defer (-17) anywhere - exim docs or google
> searches, or looking through the archives of this list.

"Defer" is a term used in the whole exim documentation. The error-code
(-17) just indicates this to the delivery-process from the filter-process.

> Please, this is driving me nuts. What have I overlooked or missed. ( I
> bet it is something simple... ;-) )

Yep, I bet it is, try to follow my suggestions, if it still doesn't
work, please post the router/director and tell us which version of exim
you use.

Btw, exim -d can be VERY helpful to debug problems.

ciao