Re: [Exim] majordomo+exim+many recipients

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] majordomo+exim+many recipients
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> --
>
>     Hi Nico,
>     I'm sending the two exim.conf.[1|2] (the first one uses as smarthost the second).
>     I checked the logs already. It seems to be slow to start to send messages. It seems
> to send them in block.
>     What can be wrong with the queurunner?
>     Thanks again,        Paulo Henrique

You can't send attachments to the list, either inline them, or include
an URL to them.

After checking your configs, I can't see anything real obvious.
But, is it possible that you encounter any DNS-issues?

You can also try to make receiver_try_verify conditional so that it does
not check for mails coming from your internal host.

It looks like you are using Exim with debian, do you run it from inetd?
If yes, try to run it as a daemon (exim -bd -q5m).

How is the load on the smarthost?
How long does it take for the internal host to send the mails to the
smarthost?

Also you should try to set split_spool_directory, to take some load from
the machine, and some other tuning parameters (remote_max_parallel etc.)

Can you provide the logs of such a run (from both hosts)? If it's too
much, you can send them to me off list.

ciao