Re: [Exim] Report on Exim 4.12 and Openldap 2.1.10

Author: Heinz Ekker
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Report on Exim 4.12 and Openldap 2.1.10
On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:53:40PM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> If nobody else cares, I'll answer off list.

No, I'd care, too - I wouldn't mind if you posted your experiences on
the list or include me in P.M.

We are currently looking into replacing our Netscape Directory Servers
4.16 with OpenLDAP, so any hints or stories concerning Exim/OpenLDAP are
welcome.

> There's the worl of difference between Openldap 2.0 and 2.1, though.

I gathered that 2.1 is the unstable release of OpenLDAP - we are
evaluating 2.0 at the moment. Would 2.1 be ready for "production use" on
a large scale (~400.000 Users)?

> Best,
> Tony

TIA,he