Re: [Exim] LDAP Aliases for system-wide, and virtual-domains…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Eric Renfro
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] LDAP Aliases for system-wide, and virtual-domains.
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Eric Renfro wrote:

> On Saturday 04 January 2003 09:43 am, Philipp Gaschuetz wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 4. Januar 2003 05:19 schrieb Eric Renfro:
> > > Basically the system-wide aliases, like postmaster@domain for example,
> > > would always go to the main postmaster account, instead of inside a
> > > virtual-domain account.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > why don't you do something like:
> > ldap_postmaster:
> > driver = accept
> > recipients = ^poastmaster@.*
> > transport = <some transport>
> >
> > I guess the syntax above is not 100% correct, but something similiar should
> > do..
>
> Mainly because I would have to do that for about 20 system-wide aliases, when
> a better, well-put-together, LDAP aliases structure would be faster and more
> suitable for small to huge amounts of routing exim servers.

well, if one or two or twenty, it's all the same.

ldap_postmaster:
  driver = redirect
  local_parts = ldap;ldap::///o=blabla?something?one?(generalalias=\
                     ${quote_ldap:$local_part})
  data = postmaster@???

I'm not an LDAP-expert, but this should give you an hint, how to implement
such things, the ldap;-query must return something thats true.

ciao