Re: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] New AOL Mailer for forgery filter (for Exim 4.x)
punster@??? (James P. Roberts) writes:
> I understood that part. I was under the impression that some people
> were considering looking at headers, in order to determine if a mail
> "originated" from an AOL dial-up host, even though it was relayed

I have the following in my acls:

#!!# ACL that is used after the DATA command
check_message:
  deny    sender_domains = aol.com
           message        = X-Forgery: NOT AOL MAILER
           condition = ${if match {${lc:$h_X-Mailer:}} {(?:aol|atlas)}{no}{yes}}

This catches about 7 emails a day.
The sender addresses in the reject log look like they are all spam
(the connected sending host isn't useful, as my MX record point at
my ISP* who do RBL type blocking for me).
I take it that this is blocking some of punster's customers ?

*(Some of) the people running my ISPs mail server share an office with
Phil Hazel, so I consider it to be at least as well run as my own server.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna