[Exim-Announce] List archives etc

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-announce
The full text searching of the archives should now again be available,
although its restricted to messages dating from the start of 2001
onward.

The problem was that a full index of the whole list takes a few days on
the rather limited box that exim.org runs on. Unfortunately it runs as
a daily cron job - and after a few days the load on the box from several
parallel indexers goes through the roof. This was very badly hit by
Red Hat kindly hacking the htdig scripts to make it always index from
scratch rather than incrementally.

I may mod the scripts to include the older stuff again if there is a
demand.

[BTW I am moving house for the next week - will be pretty much
unavailable]

    Nigel.